Friday, July 2, 2010

Well f*** then...

Yeah, I timed my 4 mile run today for the first time for the summer. I had been doing this one a lot because I knew that I drove the route in a car with a mile checker thing and I knew it was a solid 4 miles.

Well, apparently the car was broken, because today the time read about 30 minutes, and unless I was running at like a sub-8-minute mile pace (psh, yeah right) I was completely off. I know this has little to no significance, but I decided to vent my anger because now I know I've been running like 4 miles a week less than I thought. Grr.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Always check how far you've gone, and never be optimistic about your distances: you're only hurting yourself.

OH but good news is that I outrun the #1 girl in our region by .80 seconds, I cross referenced our PRs like 5 minutes ago.


1 comment:

  1. Ha,ha. Nice post. I suggest using www.mapmyrun.com to check out how far you're going. Also, I think there's a way to share/post a route, which would be cool, since I'm always looking for new routes.

    ReplyDelete